Occasionally your computer may have trouble accessing other devices or websites on your network, this could mean several things ranging from a physical network outage (from your ISP), a malfunctioning network device onsite, or an issue with your device.
Before trying the following steps, check first with other staff nearby to see if they are also experiencing issues, otherwise:
- If your computer connects via Wi-Fi
- Check that the Wi-Fi network you normally access appears.
- Some laptops have a Wi-Fi switch on the side or front, check that this is turned on – try switching on/off a few times to see if this works.
- Check that Airplane Mode is turned off.
- If your computer connects via Ethernet
- Check that the ethernet cable is physically connected.
- Try restarting your computer, which may prompt your computer to renew its IP address.
- Check that the ethernet cable is plugged into the data socket on the wall or network switch – if you are unsure about this contact your technician.
For further troubleshooting advice, please contact us to determine the cause and we will endeavour to find a quick and efficient solution.